The Project is expected to provide needed infrastructure enabling state industrial growth and employment. It is a clean energy solution which intends to utilize currently flared gas Nigerian natural gas and thereby displace imported diesel fuel currently used by C&I consumers. The target source currently flares approximately 25 mscuf /day, and the Project is anticipated to capture approximately 12 mscuf/day of that gas. This in turn is anticipated to:
• Reduce the current gas flare, emissions, and heat in the environment;
• Produce Nigerian CNG and LNG for virtual (via truck) domestic distribution to replace an estimated 83m litres of imported diesel (saving an estimated 48 USD Million + of forex by the Federal Government of Nigeria per year) (Source: Department of Petroleum Resources);
• Enable business/industrial growth in the state, region, and the country;Produce cleaner and cheaper alternate fuel to diesel;
• Provide immediate direct employment of an estimated 60 persons in permanent jobs during operations and an estimated 150 temporary jobs in the peak of the construction phase (the approximately 150 jobs would be throughout the three phases of construction);
• Catalyse demand for indirect services of over 500 persons; and, Bring economic development to the host communities (including support of social infrastructure among other potential benefits).